Thursday 17 November 2011

2.2 Video Techniques


I've been trying to work my way around problems getting my sketchup file into blender. Plan A was to take the sketchup model into blender and move around it and animate foot steps, hand prints and 'marks' left on the building by different people in blender. I haven't been able to get my sketchup file to work with blender yet so plan B is to render and animate the sketchup model in Vray and sketchup then use the voodoo camera tracker to set up a matched camera in blender so I can then animate the footsteps etc in blender and composite them into the vray animation. Hopefully that will work.

The video above looks so simple to do and could be done easily in premiere but I wanted to work out how to animate objects to appear and disappear within blender and I also wanted to be able to fade things in and out. The video uses the alpha channel to set the transparency of the material at different key frames. I am going to try and use this to make footsteps appear and disappear once I have the matched camera set up so I can then overlay the animation onto the vray animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment